Find a product or multiple products to give away, this can be a One Time Offer or as a Gift. For Affiliate Marketers this is really a lovely way of providing a product when possibly we may not have created our own, or need a vehicle to earn an income with a blog.
Understanding you may need to give away Private Label Rights, or Master Resell Rights if you want your product, or a purchased a product with PLR to be part of the giveaway.
There are some definitions that are usually understood amongst most parties in the internet marketing world.
- The Licensee is the holder of the Licence
- The Licensor is to Grant a Licence to or authorize the use of something.
This means the owner (Licensee) will stipulate what you may or may not do as the Licensor.
Terms and Conditions say for an eBook may look like this example:-
- Resale Rights – Yes
- Master Resale Rights – Yes
- Give Away Rights – yes
- Add to paid membership site – yes
- Add to your own package – yes
- Add as a bonus – yes
- Give or sell away PLR – No
The following definitions should be able to help you make sense of what you are dealing with.
Resell (Resale) Rights: You can resell the product and keep the money generated. Usually you are not able to change the product in any way, you must sell it as-is.
Master Resell Rights: You can resell the product and you can also sell others the rights to resell the products. (Which means you can have Affiliate Marketers under you selling the product, but remember you still do not have the legal right to Give, nor Sell the Private Label Rights Licence in the above example.)
- In some cases you are able to resell the “master rights” to others, but in most situations, master rights only gives you the right to sell “plain” resell rights.
- If you have a product with “Master resale rights” this means you can resell the product and keep 100% of the profits. You cannot alter it in any way!
Branding Rights: You are allowed to put your name (and usually an affiliate link) on the product and resell it.
- Sometimes master resell rights are included, but not always.
- Usually the rights are the same as plain resell rights, with the addition of your name and your website URL.
Private Label Rights: You are allowed to put your name on the product and resell it.
Link in to read what Wikipedia has to say (Copy and Paste the links since these links are not happy being automated for Your convenience).
Take a look at the example given in wiki answers to avoid confusion.
Remember to read each and every instruction received in a package! “Once bitten twice shy!”
Often you can actually claim copyright, but sometimes the original copyright has to remain. If your rights are not clearly mentioned – don’t purchase.
Most private label rights products also allow you to modify the actual product for example an Ebook, you usually will receive a Word DOC file that can be altered and turned back into a PDF Ebook.
With a software product, you get the actual source code with which you (or the programmer you hire) can make the necessary changes.
• Finally, promote the event heavily on your website, in forums, by writing a press release, through article marketing, by setting up a website just for the event, etc.
If done correctly, a giveaway event can really increase your number of subscribers by signing up on an opt-in form.
The idea is that you want to create some buzz around the blog event before the biz even launches. Get people excited about it, you will potentially get more sign-ups.
Saying of the day: “Be determined to handle any challenge in a way that will make you grow.” – Les Brown